Thursday 22 June 2017

Visitors Everywhere, Sour Kraut, An A Sleep-Over....

(Saturday June 10th)
Today we slept in except Dad an Mom who went to that funeral.
Richard an Janet an their two sons....
The twins were working around the compound...
I went swimming with my native friend Winnie an her niece Sarah as well as Rhoda, Stacy an her visiting cousin Kendra, (Who is presently serving as a school teacher in Nicaragua.) also came later for a swim.
I got back an made some mashed potatoes for supper, since we have this amazing thing called cream cheese ever since Calvin's came...thanks to amazing friends from home! We eat things from home almost reverently! not even joking!
Anyway, after that I ran to nakamatt to get some sausages, then I tried making some sour kraut, only I tried making it instant sour kraut, instead of letting it sour, I thought it was amazing, but everyone else was less then enthused, I think Wayne liked it, however Dad asked for more mashed potatoes instead...hahaha
Dishon was here for supper an for the night again.
I was tired so I went to bed early again...
(Sunday June 11th)
Today we all went to church early with Dad, since we don't have many extra vehicles, it makes it easier to all go early, an just stay while Dad has IC class...
Steve an his Masii friend David...this picture reminds me how much this culture has changed us, I'm pretty sure at home Steve would not have sat beside his friend with his arm around him like this...but that is so much like the culture here is....if you are their friend u stay close together when talking.
It was a very normal Sunday, I tried putting up the do-re-mi's in the shapes on the Sunday school room wall, getting my class to sing the scale with me...sigh...we sounded like a pack of wolves plagued with strep-throat to begin with, but eventually they all made the same sound of the note I was on, an I'm impressed with their progress.
Rhoda an I went for a long walk tonight...
Then most of us gathered on the lane for popcorn an spike ball...
Twas a nice day...
(Monday June 12th)
Today I did all the laundry...Then I went to my dentist for a check-up, she says I'll get to remove my braces soon! which I'm kinda happy about.
Then I went to the chemist to buy more meds...an ran different errands around town.
We were just at home tonight.
Stan welding...
Dad an Mom an I went to the lake tonight to watch the sunset an have a chat, it was a lovely evening...an kinda nice to have Dad an Mom all to myself! haha
(Tuesday June 13th)
Today I worked on the blog most of the day.
Dad an Mom were out visiting a lady from church that needed to be reproved.
The twins were doing some welding.
In the afternoon I did some baking...then some sewing.
In the evening I went on a walk on ring road
Tonight I made some ranch pretzels, with real gold rold pretzels from America, we had to evenly divide them in small bowls, so everyone had the "same" amount, the three boys guarding their bowls like a hungry dog! yes, foodie family would be a fair term...maybe even an understatement.
Dad an the boys were playing rook, I was sewing again... Mom was doing some spring cleaning in her bedroom an bathroom, while chatting with Sharon on the phone, an so was our evening at home tonight.
(Wednesday June 14th)
Today Dad an Mom went to the Bible Study.
Steve adjusting the piki tire...
The rest of us stayed home.
I did some sewing for a friend of mine...infact I sewed all day, basically remodeling one of her dresses...I was so discouraged with it all, that I was close to tears, an I don't cry alot. so yea, it was bad.
In the evening we had volleyball on the lane, since Stacy had visitors an there were other visitors here as well...I think there were like 15 girls an 4 guys, our little group of the usual 6-7 looked around in awe as we saw how good volley ball can actually be! our group has grown abit since Marlin's came to fill in while Joseph an Becky are on furlough....so they add two youth girls, also, James an Christiana have two girls that arrived several weeks ago, so that's nice to have them around too.
But my brothers sigh alittle, since all us girls are having a blast, an there are not any guys around for them to have "guy times" with. especially with Dean Miller's leaving in several weeks...that means officially no boys even close to their ages....
After volleyball we had snack at Marlins.
(Thursday June 15th)
Welding a rack for someone...
Today we were scheduled to have unit payer meeting in the evening at our house...so most of the day consisted of cleaning up, I think all of us were at home just doing various cleaning up projects around the house.
In the evening our masii friend David came, so the three bros an I took him out to KFC for supper, then got back just as prayer meeting started.
My friend Winnie also came for prayer meeting, an we had a sleep over...
I wasn't able to sleep well tonight at all, so I slept late the next morning.
(Friday June 16th)
With getting very little sleep, I felt worthless today, it was so maddening to be awake at 2am. an not being able to sleep...anyway, today I tried doing some sewing with very little success.
I somehow felt half sick all day...
In the evening I was feeling abit better, so I went walking with Carla an Kalita (Jame's girls) we had a wonderful time.
Wayne with our two ushers...or should I say side-kicks...haha
Tonight, we made supper since our friends Richard an Janet were coming over for supper an to make plans for their wedding...the twins an I are in the bridle party, Dad is preaching an Mom is making the wedding cake, so we all feel rather involved, maybe even more so then feels comfortable...especially the idea of bright yellow dresses, an royal blue shoes....unreal, like are you serious!?...anyway it will be an interesting day for sure!
We also had our Masii friend David here...it was a good evening.
an so ends another blog post....
I'm thinking of doing something alittle different with my blog....I'm thinking of skipping the usual "journal" updates every-now-an-then an writing a life story of one of our members...their life stories are so interesting, the pain, hardship, rejection is so saddening to me, an also encouraging to me to see where they are today...an the thought of sitting down an documenting their life story, an then sharing it with all of you, was an exciting thought to me, but what do you all think? let me know if you think this is a good idea, or something that you would enjoy! email me at: sylvialyn93@gmail.com

 
Thanks for your interest, as we do life in Kenya,
~Sylvia
For The Miller's

No comments:

Post a Comment