Monday 26 June 2017

Grilled Chicken, Father's Day, An A Cancer Patient Finds Help...

(Saturday June 17th)
This work of scrapping the weeds beside the lane, was all done by this blind man.
Today we all slept in except Dad who was in his study, when I got up the boys were still in bed, so I went to town to do several things, then I came back around 11:30am. then all of us compound girls decided to go swimming, we then got back around 2:30....in the evening we went to eat some grilled chicken for Father's Day with Dad...So it felt like a very relaxing spoiled day for me, for sure.
(Sunday June 18th)
Today we left together early for church, we picked up a youth guy, called Evans in Ahero to take him to church with us, since he is attending school right now to become a mechanic.
We had a good service, an tried to explain to them what Father's Day was, some of them knew...
My Brothers an I then sang a song "Daddy's Hands" an all day I felt guilty for the many times I take my Godly father for granted, seeing the many many orphan children an youth sitting there never having the privilege to have any kind of Father figure in their lives, some live with their mothers because their fathers just up an left them sitting, tired of their wife an ready to move on....leaving children an youth, with hurts, an trust issues that will hinder them the rest of their lives...God help us!


The cooks making lunch.....Jacinta an Beatrice here.
Dad then had a message on the Devils ways, of lying an deceiving, an also Satan's many different names...quite interesting, an thought provoking to me, that whenever I choose to sin, instead of doing the right, I'm actually submitting myself under the most awful, evil, authority imaginable! yet how many times do I not see my choices in such a black an white sort of way.
We got home an since tiredness was more prevalent then hunger, I slept instead of eating lunch, I haven't been able to sleep the best the last while, so it leaves me feeling worn out most of the time.
Anyway, after a good nap, I went on a long walk with Rhoda...an in the evening it was spike ball on the lane again.
(Monday June 19th)
This morning I did our laundry, after I took care of the sewing class, getting fabric, zippers, buttons, etc.

Before.
Then after I finished the laundry I went to town to get my phone fixed, Stan accidently had slammed a seat in the vehicle down on it, an warped the phone, so that the cover wouldn't stay on the phone, thankfully they fixed it.
After that I worked on making another dress for one of my friends...in the evening we went to Marlins for a yummy supper, with American imported foods, since they just came from America.
(Tuesday June 20th)
I got up early an put away the laundry, then went to get the sewing ladies started, since Stacy has visitors right now, she had asked me to take care of the sewing class, an I enjoyed doing that.
In the afternoon I did some more sewing of my own...then in the late afternoon evening we went with Richard an Janet to see the various places that we will be picking up the bride an bridesmaids, an the hotel where we will pick up the groom, an his groomsmen, also went to see where the church house was an took a tour of it.
After our orientation, the twins an I left, an went to KFC for some supper.
Tonight I called Sharon an enjoyed chatting with her for some time.
After.
(Wednesday June 21st)
Today was church clean-up day at our church, Dishon went with us to help, Kevin from Aroba helped for an hour or so too, since we gave him transport from Kisumu to Nyakoko.
We had a good day, of hard work, the twins an some of the youth guys repaired the roof in the front of the church where the truck for the orphans food program backed into, Stacy an I did some painting, took water to the workers, an helped prepare lunch...after lunch we cleaned everything up again, I washed most of the dishes, an scrubbing those big cooking pots made me thankful for "lifetime cookware" that we have at home, that takes minimal cleaning!
My little man Andrew, who doesn't like me. or anybody, other then his mom an oldest sis 
After we were finished the three bros an I took one vehicle home, Dishon also came back with us, an we were going to drop him off at the clinic he works at, but then him an his fellow worker Kevin, said they needed a ride to go see a sick patient that was dying of uterus cancer, she is a 19 year old girl, but looks like an older lady, she has known of her cancer for 7 years now, an has been trying to make some funds, an save money to do the operation but never was able to get enough money for the $150 US dollar operation...sigh....does this mind blowing poverty ever end?
She had to sign some documents so that the Doc. could move ahead with her operation, since someone has consented to pay for her surgery of a hysterectomy.
After leaving the clinic, we went to town to pick up some chicken feed, an by the time we reached home, we were all so tired! We were just at home tonight, going to bed early.
Working here in the "kitchen."
(Thursday June 22nd)
Today I was cleaning one of the guest rooms from visitors, then I did the blog, after that there was more sewing to be done...I cut out the dress for the wedding in July, in the evening we all went to Joe an Glenda's house for unit prayer meeting, we sat around the campfire an sang an prayed, then afterwards had a little snack, it was a great evening, an a welcome change from the usual prayer meeting agenda.
(Friday June 23rd)
Today I did some sewing...yeah that's all I do these days.
then I decided to go with Dad to see a well project that was going on out at our church, they were fixing our well at church...so we had lunch together at a little bean shack, an made the drive out to church, an when we got there they had finished already, so we only inspected it, then took the workers of the well, (Some of which are members at our church.) to the little ghost town of Masogo, we sat at Jared's (a Member) sewing shop where he sews school uniforms, an drank some soda, an ate some homemade fries that a lady was deep frying over an open fire, as we watched people milling about buying each others wears, as it was Masogo market day, there are all manor of fish, rice, green grams, tomatoes, onions, potatoes, shoes, clothes, an on, an on...it was interesting to meet up with our church people at their local "Walmart" as they supported each other by buying from each other an selling to each other.
Cutting up the chicken for lunch...
We left again an headed for Kisumu...On our way home our car was having some problems, it would just shut off all of a sudden, an so the one time while we were in the passing lane passing a semi, with another semi coming head on, the car again just quite, nothing. and Dad struggled to get it steered over in the other lane just in time as the semi that was coming head on whizzed by, but just like that is started back up again...so we breathed a sigh of relief, an drove on home, coming home just in time to leave again, we were invited out for supper with Joe an Glenda, and the youth, Marlins also went along. After we got back there was spike ball on the lane.
And so ended another week in Kenya, the place we have come to call home.
carrying things the way they do here...
~Sylvia
For The Miller's













Trying to cut cabbage the way they do...while they laugh at me.

Stacy an I doing some painting...

The boys an Leonard working on repairing the roof...

Deciding how to fix the well...seems to take a lot of people to make a decision! ;)   

Scrubbing these awful cooking pots...

Grandfather taking a selfie...



Daniel one of our members brought his cow to get water at the well...

No comments:

Post a Comment