Thursday 8 June 2017

May 27th - June 2nd ~Picture Post~

Hey everyone!
Calvin Nissley family
I know I'm behind one post again...seems to be becoming a normal for this blogger...sorry about that.
I guess with Calvin's here, an me having another seizure on Monday May 29th...I didn't keep up my journal, so I'm just going to post pictures of our time with Calvin's even though I would love to tell you all about our grand times together!
It was truly such an amazing time well spent! an I just want to say here, thanks so incredibly much for all the gifts our dear church people back home sent along! it was so kind an thoughtful of you! whenever we get gifts from the states its like a booster to go through the next several weeks!
I had a whole list of people I wanted to send thank you cards along home, but then my seizure happened, an I was thrown into a bit of a turmoil with that...so I didn't get that done, so let me just Thank some specific people here.
Hadassah an Maddie trying out some African hats...
Karen Kiem, your so faithful  in always sending some kind of goody along! thanks so much for your gifts you sent, an cosmetics that I cant get over here! meant so much dear!
Edna an Tonya, your thoughtful gifts of Bath an Body Works lotions an soap is something we always love! thanks for thinking of us, an giving like you did. we feel so incredibly humbled by your kindness.
My dear sis Sharon, I know you miss us, an we miss you too....your life has changed so much, an we are not there to help you, an not there to see all the "firsts" you are probably so excited to see in your little girlies...our heart is there dear sis. thanks for the cards you sent an the little purse you sent! I love it! its so me. makes me happy you got it for me! thank you so much!
Judith, I'm amazed that in the wake of getting married that you took time to send a note of encouragement, an gifts, that meant a lot Judith! may God bless you as you start this exciting adventure of being a wife, I never got to know Ryan that much, but when he allowed you to come visit us, while you all were still dating, he basically got 5 star ratings right off! haha
From Nairobi airport we took them to the Mara...
Kaitlyn Yoder, what a little honey you are, to send me a little purse! I love it by the way! Becky that was so kind of you to help Kaitlyn send me that birthday gift! all you are going thru with Lincoln, an you took the time an effort to send a package for me, wow! I felt pretty special. thanks a lot!!
Okay, so for those of you that don't know these people, sorry you had to listen to all that jazz...


So another thing that happened this last week was two of my friends an I decided to go on a 48 hour trip to Uganda! we basically had the time of our lives...after I had my seizure, I was fairly certain I should just cancel my trip, but with some persuading of some incredible friends, to face my fear of going away from home without my family so soon after a seizure....I went! an I'm glad I did! I want to be safe, but I don't plan on allowing epilepsy to ruin the outgoing, adventurous part of me I have always been.  Its hard. but I tried accepting it all over again...an even though I thought I was healthy again an seizure free, after going 9-10 months without a seizure, God has another plan.  So after struggling through bitterness, an questions, an doubts all over again. I choose to believe God still cares. I choose to believe, that God can use me better with epilepsy, then without. And choosing to believe that isn't a one time, Sunday afternoon decision, its something I have to choose every day, every time I go out by myself an feel fearful of a seizure, every time I see other friends living their lives in a seeming effortless confidence.
The amazing rooms at the Mara...
But in all this I can say God is still good, an he knows how to break my stubborn will, an making me broken, an dependent on him, when I wanna "do it my way".
This was going to be a pictures blog, so sorry for all this chatter...I'll stop now.
relaxing at the pool...
I hope you all have an incredible week, lets be praying for each other, we all have our own personal battle we are in. God is faithful!!
~Sylvia
For The Miller's
 



The pool we went swimming several times...
The two friends I went to Uganda with...LtoR: Rhoda Wengard, Me, an Stacy Byler


Calvin having a topic...

Melissa blending right in with the Kenyan sisters...

Wayne, a friend Victor, an Mattie

Mom chatting with the ladies, after Sunday lunch...

Stanley with some youth guy friends...

Dad showing Melissa the kitchen our Sunday lunch was made out of...

Calvin getting to know our church people...

Jacinta flashes her usual smile as she cooks in the hot smoky cook house...

Mom an her friend Sarah....



All in a days work, the twins putting up more razor wire where the last thieves came in...







Bless mom's heart, she had a tea party with the two girls, while Melissa an I had some girl time in town.

Drinking tea, an having fun with Mamma Becky...or grandma as Mattie calls her


1 comment: