Wednesday 11 January 2017

Chicken Butchering, Unit Meeting, An Spike Ball!

(Saturday December 31st)
Welcome Sign...
So today we all slept in late, trying to sleep off our various sicknesses...then it was unpacking, an I did laundry for most of the afternoon.
Dishon was washing vehicles around here most of the day.
Dad was very sick, but trying to get things together for the next day, since it was Sunday.
In the evening all of us youth went to our new favorite spot, KFC, an had some good ole American-ish type of food, we talked, laughed, an celebrated the last day in 2016!!
(Sunday January 1st)
Happy New Year everyone!!
Today we all went to church together since Dad had gotten a brother from church to teach IC class for him, with him still fighting this awful malaria.
The service was very original, an we were home by 2pm.
We were just at home in the evening...
Driving the trails...
(Monday January 2nd)
Today we all got up bright an early, dragging our sleeping bodies down to Jakes carport, were chicken butchering started at 6:15am. An for those of you who always made a big ruckus when I would come late, for your information I was there at 6:30! just saying! Too bad you weren't here to witness that Markus!
We butchered around 200 chickens, an finally finished around 10:30am.
The twins an Weston were down at the chicken coop, the younger boys catching them, an Weston be-heading them, then Steve scalded them, an Stan de-feathered them, an the rest of us gutted them, an, finished cleaning them, before they went into the freezer. I was even gutting the chickens! yeppers! I was so proud of myself! an it really wasn't that horrible, once I got over how creepy warm the chicken was on the inside, an how it all smelled! Ok, I'll stop there.
Some sort of birds on the road...
The natives could hardly wait to get their hands on the different intestines that they love eating, as well as the chicken head an feet! Go them! an I just pray they eat all of them before I come to visit them next time!
After butchering we all cleaned up the mess, an cleaned up ourselves, then had a yummy brunch at Joseph an Becky's house.
Then the pastors rushed to the usual Monday pastors meeting.
In the afternoon I went swimming with some of my friends, an the three bros also went to another pool, since it was terribly hot today!
(Tuesday January 3rd)
Today Dad was in the office most of the day, finishing up end-of-the-year reports.
Mom was doing laundry.
I was sewing most of the day...
Nothing major to write about today.
Water Buck....
(Wednesday January 4th)
Today we worked on various things around home in the forenoon, then in the afternoon we of course had Bible study, an this time Stan, Wayne, an I decided to go along, then last minute Victor from Aroba decided to join us, he is good friends with Wayne, an we all had a blast together.
After Bible study Victor took us across a field an on over to where his newly married sister-in-law Leah lived, she is one of my good friends, an I was happy to get to visit her, since I was not able to be at her wedding.
I really enjoyed holding her little daughter, she has twins a boy an girl, about 2yr old.
We got back from Bible study around 6:00pm.
(Thursday January 5th)
Today was again a day at home...
The Beautiful Acacia trees...
In the evening we all went to Deans house where we had the usual prayer meeting, an then afterwards we had an official welcoming for Lester's family, celebrating their willingness to come, with ice-cream an soft pretzels.
It was a great evening, an quite amazing to have 5 more girls on the compound!
(Friday January 6th)
Today was unit meeting, all the AMA staff from Nakuru came to Kisumu, an since Mom an I were on to serve them breakfast upon their arrival, we were up earlier then usual cooking for around 40 people.
The unit meeting then started around 10:30am. an lasted till around 1:30pm. I must say it was more boring then usual with out Markus an Micah around, to text random things with, but we all survived.
Direction sign...
We then had lunch, washed up all the dishes, an then us youth played some spike ball, an later Rhoda an I went to town to buy some things we needed, then after supper we youth played volley ball, some games were almost good, but most were rather lame, I think everyone was tired. An we haven't played in a long time so, maybe that is what the issue was.
That is all for this week...
Love to all!







I'll try an keep this blog post more current then I have been, it kinda messes up my routine when we go on vacation an things come up where I cant write it on Mondays an get it out to you all! so sorry for the stale news, an hope you all have a good  week.
~Sylvia
For The Miller's

unloading the vehicle...

They also had a camping area...

Here is where we spent most of our time...

This was our cabin...

I Got this pic for the blog especially, I thought you all would enjoy the "sign in the background."

Your still my sunshine, even when my hair are gray...

We can grin even if the trip wasn't the best thing that ever happened to us...

They even had horseback riding there!



At a look-out...

Stanley getting some footage for Wayne, since Wayne was at the cabin, sick...

Steve checking for wifi signal...

Dad & Mom Miller...

Dad trying to keep the Malaria chills out side with this blanket...









Hiking to the cave...

The Mouth of the cave...

Here is the cool glowing moss stuff I had written about...

This family went with us on our tour, the two little boys are twins...

Hiking the trails...

We came home an the baboons had taken over, our back yard!! 

Can you find the second monkey...

These guys got into our cabin when it wasn't locked, an stole some of our soda, opening it an helping themselves...

Pretty sure this little guy is curious George's cousin!!



The youth at KFC...

No comments:

Post a Comment