Monday 28 November 2016

At The Sheep Wool Market, A Picnic At Hippo Piont, An Youth Seminar!

(Sorry my pictures are abit out of order...some of these pictures are from things I had written about in previous blog posts, but I will try to write below the pic. so you know what's going on...the next post will be the same (As far as pics messed up.) till I get things back on schedule here...sorry!


At the falls, When we were hiking with Nurse Jabet...
(Saturday November 5th)


Today we had planned to go to Jennifer’s Gardens, but Mom was feeling sick so we all just worked around home in the forenoon, Judith an Elaine did some laundry, then in the afternoon Dad took us girls to a wool market where we watched the process from drying the sheep wool to spinning, an we even got to watch them dye the white wool in a big clay pot, over an open fire! It was really neat, an Judith ended up buying a nice big bed spread made out of sheep wool, but had to place her order, as the size she wanted will take till sometime next year, to reach completion.



Eating a Jabet's house after the hike....The girl looking at the camera is Emma From our church.
It was a very interesting place, an the owner was more then willing to show us around, an answer all our questions, but still was not pushy at all that we buy something, a rarity in Kenya, an it also made for a better experience all together, to not be bombarded all the time.


We got home in time to help Mom finish packing the picnic lunch, I quickly grilled some chicken, an our whole family, with Judith an Elaine piled into our vehicle an sped off for Lake Victoria, we had a amazing sunset, family time, an good food, an the bonus was being able to see some hippos lumbering around lazily in the water only a few yards out from where we were eating our supper! What a treasured evening!


Emma an I eating our lunch...
(Sunday November 6th)


Today Dad & Mom went to our church like usual.


But us youth along with Judith an Elaine went to Rabour church were youth meetings were held on Sunday.


Stan adding water to the radiator before we start the trek back to Kisumu...
Steve an Stan both took vehicles to Masogo to pick up youth from Aroba an Nyakoko there, an bring them all back to Rabour, all of the missionary youth attended, even Markus an Micah showed up for the occasion.


I'm hoping Ryan will be able to get a copy of this one! ;) even with the photo-bomber in the background!
It was a good day filled with lots of singing, an even some disorganization (Imagine that!) the services stretched out for so long, that I haven’t been as anxious to see a service be dismissed, like I was that Sunday, in a long time!


We FINALLY dismissed for lunch, then after lunch there was yet another session, this time segregated, then after some visiting, an a few games of checkers, an bouncing a volley ball around, an some kick ball too, we all left for home again.


I went along with the twins to return the youth to masogo.


They had counted around 95-100 youth 16 an up were there, an that wasn’t all the CBF youth, so it was encouraging to think that a generation might be springing up to carry the torch on someday.


Steve an I still had to help take the tent down, they had set up a big white tent on the outside.


So we finally got home from church around 7pm. completely worn out!


Elaine doing what she does best!
We were just at home in the evening, enjoying our company, an of course talking nonstop!


(Monday November 7th)  


Walking to Bible study...
Today Elaine an I were doing their laundry for packing, then Elaine an I once again went to do some last minute shopping, we had a jolly good time! Judith stayed at home, (probably emailing Ryan was Elaine an I’s best guess. However I might add she did very well in being “with it” while she was here, so I feel abit guilty even saying what Elaine an I were suspicious of.)


After Elaine an I got back, we three girls all went to the orphanage that is close to the compound here, an helped feed the toddlers an babies their lunch, an watched as they tucked each one into their beds for their afternoon naps.


Mamma Becky singing at Bile Study...
It was a really neat experience…


After that we went swimming, but actually it consisted of mostly snacking on goodies, talking, journaling, an sitting in the sun! we all concluded it was the perfect ending to their stay here! I know it was about time Judith went back home to a certain “Prince Charming” named Ryan, because at the pool the one day I caught her staring into space, smiling….after I asked what she was thinking about she admitted she had her thoughts at home…Ha! Judith you’re the best!


(Tuesday November 8th)


Dad an brothers from church praying for a troubled man..
Serving the people mondozies....
Today we all got up at the unrighteous hour of 5:30am. An our family along with Judith an Elaine went on a boat ride on lake Victoria, it was amazing, seeing many hippos, the sunrise, (A first for me.) an the birds, flowers, an the fisherman coming in after all night if fishing with their nets. It was once again a really neat experience! But I felt rather guilty all day of the misdeed of getting up so early…so I took a few naps throughout the day, (Yes! I said a few!) An I felt worse then ever every time I took another nap, confirming my former suspicions that I’m allergic to sunrises.



Elaine an I having fun times...
After the boat ride Judith an Elaine went to JoeAllens house for brunch, since Elaine would have gotten to know them from Faith Mission Days...
Dad left to help blind Charles move from the blind school to his home, after finishing his schooling there at the blind school.
The rest of our family had to go to the immigrations office to renew our alien cards, for our stay in the country...in the mean time Judith an Elaine were packing up their bags an getting ready to leave us...Judith for home, an Elaine for Ireland, where she will help out a family for another 5 weeks...after tears, an hugs we said our final good byes an Steve an I took them to the airport, where they left around 6:30pm. for Nairobi.
Emma Washing hands before eating....
(Wednesday November 9th)
I guess since I do a day by day journal, you will notice some days there is simply nothing much to write about...this is one of those days...lol Dad an Mom went to Bible study...us kids were around home. That's it.  
(Thursday November 10th) 
Today I was at home working on the blog...And doing things around home.
The menu of the day...
In the evening I was invited to Becky's house with the single girls for supper an to help put quilt blocks together for quilts she was making, an since Joseph was away from home anyway it made for the perfect opportunity for us all to get together an do something...
(Friday November 11th) 
The couple that hosted Bible study...the man is a member but his wife is not...

Today there was a sewing day planned at Becky's house since all the pastors were gone to a pastors meeting...So mom was sewing, an I cleaned some of the guest houses, since Stacy wasn't feeling well, after that I paid the sewing ladies, an then went to Becky's house to do some sewing myself. Becky had wanted me to sew some smock's (Maternity Dress.) for a lady from their church, I got some of it done.
Going home after Bible Study....
Then around 3:30pm. the sewing ladies told Becky that she should come down to the carport where they sew, right away! Becky went down, an found one of the sewing ladies laying on the ground...she was gasping for air, an foaming at her mouth, it was awful! We tried to decide what we should do, an finally decided to take her to the hospital.
I went with Becky after us ladies along with Sammy the gate man loaded her into the vehicle, we took her to the hospital, an of course it seemed no one at the hospital was in any kind of a hurry! I kept thinking that I was going to hear Emily take her last breath any minute...it was so scary! She was laboring so hard for every breath, an was not responding. The sewing ladies said she had just said she doesn't feel well an had laid down to rest, an finally started gasping for air, they didn't know what happened...
I ran inside the hospital looking for assistance, asking in a frantic manner if there was someone to help us, an that we had a lady in our vehicle that wasn't able to breath, no one seemed to even notice me, much less hear me! the nurse looked at me like I was the first human being she had ever seen, then causally pointed into the intensive care unit, an said, "there is the stretcher, you can use that one." I said, "you mean I get the stretcher?" of course that's what she meant...I was not amused, an made sure they knew it! They kept asking me [very perturbed]  if there wasn't any family members here that could help us, I said no! thinking that is why we came to the hospital! if we were at a family gathering then family would be helping us, but we came to the hospital so they could help us! I'll admit it people. I was hopping mad. The way they treated this emergency was awful!
So finally the guard that was there [A lady] helped me shove the rattle trap of a stretcher out the door to the vehicle, then when she saw that there were two other ladies with us, she promptly turned on her heels an left! I was exasperated! So we ladies huffed an puffed an finally had the gasping woman on the stretcher, then hauled her inside, where there was still more waiting on the Doc. When he finally did come he looked at her an kinda had an amused look on his face, mentioning something or other about hysteria...kinda chuckling to himself as he left the room...I was now more mad then ever, how could they not care about anything!? Finally we moved her to her hospital bed, ( After one of the sewing ladies an I were supposed to move her to her bed, they drug her off of the stretcher by her one arm, while I tried to carry the lower part of her body along with the rapid rough movements of the nurse, an the stench, an body Oder was so bad that I kept gagging, an trying to not breath more then I had to, urine smell was through out the entire building, an I thought maybe the lady we brought in might get sicker being in this smelly situation!)
Finally she was more stable an responding some again...So Becky an I left to head back to the compound since the sewing ladies were there, an had money to take care of Emily.
What an experience it was! An Becky an I talked on the way home, why this had to happen just when all the pastors were gone...Oh! well... it all ended up ok I guess.
In the evening we had volley ball with quite a few visiting youth here from the states, it was a fun time.
An that's all for this post....
~Sylvia
For The Miller's  


















































No comments:

Post a Comment