Monday 24 October 2016

A Sweet Little Street Boy...Miller Chappat Shop!!

(Saturday October 8th)
Sunset at the Lake...
We had a normal Saturday, Dad was in the office a lot of the time preparing for counsel meeting at our church tomorrow...I went swimming in the afternoon with some of the girls...on my way home there were some men working on building a concrete wall outside our compound and like Kenyans do...Just blatantly ask for things, they said that they are very hungry, so I went home an dug out some of those cookies I had made too much of, an baked for three days straight, (not quite.) an made them a slushy drink in the blender an took it out to them, that was really fun! They couldn't believe I actually brought them something, I told them that they have to do a good deed for someone else today, to which they firmly promised! ha!
The bros an I went to do some shopping in the evening...it was a great Saturday!
Mom making Chappaties....
(Sunday October 9th)
Today we had counsel meeting at church were we all express our peace with God an man, in preparation for communion...Dad opened it up for anyone to share, an the one dear brother, went up an talked for 30 min. straight, an there were two more in line...sigh!
I tried to remain all Mennonite an sober during the expressions of peace, even when things were confessed or expressed that I found humorous...but as you well know I don't do so good with this whole "scheduled laughter thing" an when the one quiet, an usually very sober young lady, confessed that she had given some things to her neighbor friend to use for a short time, an then she didn't want to give them back! so she went over an they ended up in a fight, an started wrestling!...What!? seriously! Grown women wrestling? in cape dresses, an veiling's? wow!  That is when I lost it, I shoved my face in my lap an shook with laughter! I know! I know! I should have been more sober, but she is usually such a quiet lady, that I couldn't keep myself from laughing, imagining her wrestling an fighting with a neighbor lady! unreal. These people never cease to surprise me!
Dad waiting on the food.......=)
after the service we youth sang several songs again...Dad an mom took a sick little boy burning up with malaria to the hospital.
We ate lunch by 1:45 an had a short afternoon, as we were all invited to Richard an Janet's house in the evening for supper, an to celebrate their new baby boys safe arrival.
Richards younger sister Christian is there helping out, an I'm fast becoming really good friends with her, she also left Islam an is converted to Christianity, thus her name was changed to Christian, at her conversion.
Mr. Stanley
We went to a little church house close to their mud hut, for Sunday evening services, it was a great time, of much loud clapping an singing, at one point the preacher was jumping up an down, an clapping with all his might!
After the service we went to Richards house to eat dinner together, a small neighbor girl clung to me starved for love an attention, she sat with me during the service an fell asleep, then she sat on my lap while I ate supper, an I fed her from my plate, Richards said that she is just a neighbor girl who comes at times, she was maybe 2-3 yr. old. an so cute!
After supper my brothers an I joined the children outside to play with them an just to hang-out an talk, it was an incredible experience, an since the children could speak English fairly well it made the whole experience 10 times better.
(Monday October 10th)
Today was normal Monday work...Stacy came an helped me cut out my new curtain fabric for my bedroom...Steve an I walked ring road in the evening, an watched the local soccer game.
nothing great to waste time writing about for today...
(Tuesday October 11th)
Today we were all around home doing various things, I worked on sewing my curtains...Mom tried out her skills on making Chapattis an they turned out to be the best I have ever eaten in Kenya! no joke! an no bias what-so-ever.
(Wednesday October 12th)
...And Mr. Steve...
Today Dad & mom went to our Bible study, us children stayed at home, Steve an I worked on painting my bedroom...in they evening us kids cleaned up from painting an went to hippo point to watch an amazing sunset...we had a great time together!
(Thursday October 13th)
Today mom an I both worked on laundry, an Stacy trained me in how to take care of the sewing ladies while she is in America....it really wasn't as complicated as I had feared.
Dad an the boys went to visit Eric, who has a terribly broken leg, he is a pastor in our CBF churches...
Mom an Wayne an I worked on cleaning around home since we were having company from Nakaru at our house for supper Friday night.
In the afternoon I went to help out Janice with some cleaning as they are hosting the Thur. evening prayer meeting at their place tonight.
(Friday October 14th)

And Dad Miller....

Mom in her element......
Today my brothers an I Along with Stacy went to a homeless boys shelter, that reaches out to the boys on the street, that their families have rejected, or banished from home, we went to have Bible study with them, an to sing an pray, we also took them some chia an food, once again it was an amazing time, an I have all kinds of little tid-bits I would like to add, but don't have time today, one touching experience that I did have though is this really sweet little 7-8 yr. old boy was telling me how he lost both his parents an the rest of the family didn't want to care for him, so he was forced to leave, an my heart went out to him so much, I wrapped my arm around his small boney shoulders an told him, that even though his family has rejected him, that God loves him an will always love him....poor little soul, his eyes filled to the brim, an tears spilt out over his dark cheeks, he desperately wiped at his eyes not wanting his other friends to see him crying...I felt so incredibly sad for him, but assured him repeatedly that God loves him so very much, an that if he prays an believes, God will look out for him! I told him he now has me for a friend too... an that I love him! his little face looked up at me with a broad smile, as tears trickled down...I told him that even if his family an friends from home tried to put him down an make him feel like a nobody, that it was not true! an only if he becomes depressed about life an gives up hope, then he will have allowed his enemies, an the people who have hurt him in life to bring him down...he was so sweet, an I was amazed that behind his cold, tuff, street boy, exterior, was a soft heart, an unshed tears, longing for love an acceptance...his name is Joseph...an there are millions more out there just like him, how can we reach around?.... we cant. but we can reach around to those we come in contact with, an share the love of Jesus to the people he brings into our path every day. Pray for the street boys who at a young age, live on the streets, sleep in the gutters...fending for themselves.
cutting the dough in strips...
In the evening the youth had Volley ball...we had two youth guys from Jakes church there, an Melody Byler from the sates who is here helping out a family in Nakuru that just had a baby, Dishon also came for volley ball...Freeman an his wife were at our house for supper tonight.
I know I kept it shorter...but as you all are catching on, I'm having trouble getting my posts out! sorry! I will try to add more pics to make up for it, I know that's what you all want anyway! ;)
Till next time!
~Sylvia
For The Miller's

Preparing to fry the over the pot filled with coals....

Our favorite dog ever....Prince!

Shake pal!! I may be white, but I sure don't bite!

At the street boys hall...

A big grin at seeing white children, despite being homeless...

Steve an I holding two children, their Dad is the one in charge of the boys hall...

Some of the street boys posing for a picture...

Jimmy in the striped shirt is an ex-street boy an helps at the hall...

They loved to interact with Jakes children, The one in the pink shirt is Joseph

Richards younger sister Christian, an I...

Mom an Janet with their new born son, named Peter Gerold...





Visiting Eric with the broken leg...


Peter Gerold....

Perfection....








Stacy an Tiffany having a party....

No comments:

Post a Comment